About the Fam

Hello! from gorgeous Alaska! We are having such a wonderful life living up here!

Friday, April 30, 2010

NICU


So, Friday, April 2nd we though we were going home from the hospital, but Kyler's respirations increased again and a chest x-ray showed a possible pneumothorax and possible pneumonia, so he was transferred to Providence Medical Center in Anchorage where they have a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). We were there 5 days, which included Easter Sunday. (You can see his little basket on the counter behind him.)
All the nurses and staff were really great there and I was able to nurse and be with him whenever I wanted. They even allowed me so stay down the hall so I could be close and available to feed him whenever he needed it. Needless to say, I had a pretty short leash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment